Why is Facebook's layout now all screwed up with FF 6.0.1?
Since loading FF 6.0.1 this morning (Sept. 2, '11), my Facebook page is now completely wonky looking. Everything is shoved to the right half of the page; the left half is blank. It's a mess. When I use Chrome, by contrast, the page looks normal. How can I get things back to normal in FF?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Picasa plugin.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.2065
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:6.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.1
I have the same problem with 6.0.2. It is not fixed by zooming in or out. I am operating under Windows XP and Facebook still looks normal in IE.
Clear Cookies & Cache
Clear the Network Cache
Websites look wrong
Check and tell if its working.
THANK YOU. This has been driving me nuts. Two people use the same browser, but on 2 profiles, and only mine was doing this. The Clear Network Cache worked. I have my settings to clear all, and never thought of network cache.
You rock !!!!
Ok, spoke to soon, it came back. Cleared everything and it didn't work this time. Hmmm...why did it work the first time? Why won't it work a second time? What is the browser holding onto? Why is it 2 people use the browser, although different users (profiles), same web site, different results?????
This is a puzzle. I hope smarter people than I can figure this out. Firefox hasn't. Are there not enough people affected? I am sure there are more that do not know to ask.
If you have increased the minimum font size then try the default setting "none" as a high value can cause issues like you described.
- Tools > Options > Content : Fonts & Colors > Advanced > Minimum Font Size (none)
- Tools > Options > Content : Fonts & Colors > Advanced > [X] "Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above"
If you are not on Windows then see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Menu_differences
- Windows: Firefox (Tools) > Options
- Mac: Firefox > Preferences
- Linux: Edit > Preferences
Reset the page zoom on pages that cause problems: View > Zoom > Reset (Ctrl+0 (zero); Cmd+0 on Mac)
You can use an extension to set a default font size and page zoom on web pages:
- Default FullZoom Level: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/default-fullzoom-level/
- NoSquint: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/nosquint/
Okulungisiwe ngu cor-el
I solved it by going to View-->Zoom--> and turning off Zoom Text only.
I tweaked the font sized and zoom also and it helped. Thanks!