Why is Firefox continuously defaulting to Yahoo 404 while I'm on a selected site and haven't directed any action?
Whenever I use Firefox and open a selected site (CNN, MSNBC, Sports Illustrated, etc), without any prompting on my part, Firefox defaults to the Yahoo 404 page. I go back to my desired page but an continuously redirected to the 404 page. I have cleared my cache, my history, and even reloaded Firefox (I'm using 6.01) but the results are the same.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
Ngaso sonke isikhathi lapho i-Firefox ivulwa
Lokhu kwaqala ngenkathi...
Several months ago
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Office Live Update v1.5
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- Google Update
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:6.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.1
I would try the safe mode with extensions disabled.
For information click this link. Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode
Troubleshooting extensions and themes
Check and tell if its working.
In the safe mode, my browser works fine on all of sites it was defaulting on in normal mode.
Okulungisiwe ngu blackbay
Perform the suggestions provided in the link mentioned in my previous post.
Okulungisiwe ngu Hasan
I've disabled all add-ons and disabled the acceleration and now things seem to work fine. Thanks for the assist!
To help other users find solutions, please return to this Thread and Sign-in to the forum with your Username and Password:
click on "Solved It" Next to the reply ABOVE that BEST solved your Question
DO NOT click "Solved It" next to this reply