will my passwords migrate from v3.6 to 6.0 if I upgrade?
I have a Macbook. Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20110803 Firefox/3.6.20. If I upgrade to version 6 directly, will the passwords currently stored in FF automatically transfer to the new version or do I have to save and re-enter them.
How do I save if I have to?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- WebEx General Plugin Container Version 172
- Copyright © 2003-2011 Skype Limited
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20110803 Firefox/3.6.20
Yes. Firefox will still use the same profile folder if you update from Firefox 3.6.x to Firefox 6.
If you have problems with updating or with the permissions then easiest is to download the full version and trash the currently installed version to do a clean install of the new version.
Download a new copy of the Firefox program and save the DMG file to the desktop
- Firefox 6.0.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean (re-)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data.