Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
I did a dumb thing and clicked on "Start Private Browsing". Ever since then I have not been able to set my home page in Firefox. I have tried dozens of times and each time I close Firefox and re-open it - My homepage is BLANK.
This is so frustrating and this question/answer place is my last resort. How do I get my favorite home page back? Sure hope you can help me.
All Replies (3)
go to Tools Menu -> Options -> Privacy -> Firefox will: select "Use custom settings for history" -> REMOVE Checkmark from "Permanent Private Browsing mode"
-> Now place Checkmarks on:
1) Remember my Browsing History
2) Remember Download History
3) Remember Search History
4) Accept Cookies from sites -> select "Exceptions..." button -> Click "Remove All Sites" at the bottom of "Exception - Cookies" window
4a) Accept Third-party Cookies -> under "Keep Until" select "They Expire"
-> REMOVE CHECKMARK from CLEAR HISTORY WHEN FIREFOX CLOSES
-> Click OK on Options window.
Check and tell if its working.
Okulungisiwe ngu Hasan
That didn't help. I set my home page in Tools, Options, General. I put in the address for my home page and the page comes up. For some reason ??? I have to ALLOW my home page to open. I click on ALLOW and it keeps coming back up. I close Firefox and re-open it. My home page still says "about:blank".
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > General : Accessibility : [ ] "Warn me when web sites try to redirect or reload the page"
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
If the home page setting doesn't keep then see:
Start Firefox in Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.