I downloaded Firefox 5.0, hated it and went back to previous version but now I am unable to bookmark any new sites. How do I fix this?
I can no longer bookmark any new sites. What do I need to do to correct this?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Default Plug-in
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3
A possible cause is a problem with the file places.sqlite that stores the bookmarks and the history.
Unfortunately, this did not work and I now have lost all my bookmarks. I have tried 3 times to restore them and have had no luck. I also still cannot add any bookmarks.
Okulungisiwe ngu skenworthy
Make a backup copy of all the .json backups in the bookmarkbackups and see if you can restore the bookmarks from one of them (try the file with the largest file size).
When you say previous version did you really go all the way back to Firefox 3.5.3 which was released August 2009 as is listed in your More system details...
If you meant to use a Firefox 3.x release then you should at least use Firefox 3.6.18 which came out June 21. http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html