Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
i cant get rid of this(http://www.searchqu.com/406) software did all i know how to do!
this software will not go away i deleted it and its still there. it over rides my setting. i have done everything but wipe the hd
Searchqu gets installed if you don't opt-out of the installation when you install a 'free' app from bandoo.com which provides free emoticons.
If you have this app on your system now, uninstall it first, otherwise searchqu will reappear again after you complete the following steps.
To revert to Google as your preferred search engine, please do the following.
- In the location bar, type about:config and hit Enter.
- In the filter at the top, type: keyword.URL
- Double click it and remove whatever's in there and replace it with http://www.google.com/search?q=
- In the filter at the top again, copy/paste the following (remove keyword.URL first): browser.startup.homepage
- Right click it, choose Modify and then click Reset.
- Close the tab.
- Click the Firefox button, go to Add-ons, then Extensions and remove these add-ons if they're in there: Windows iLivid Toolbar , Searchqu Toolbar and Bandoo Media.
- Next, open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins. In there, delete the following: SearchquWebSearch.xml
- Go to Add/Remove Programs and look for Windows iLivid Toolbar, Searchqu Toolbar and Bandoo Media again. Remove if found. You might possibly find a reference to "Web Search" (searchqu) in Add/Remove Programs too. If so, remove it.
The URL to add in "keyword.URL" becomes a link in this post, so right click it and choose "Copy Link Location" to copy it to the Windows clipboard. Then hit CTRL+V to paste it. Saves you having to type the whole thing.
To reset your home page, do the following.
- Go to the site you want to set as your homepage.
- Go to Tools | Options | General
- Make sure it says "Show My Homepage" in the first dropdown menu.
- Click the button called "Use Current Pages" to set the homepage to the one you have on the screen.
N.B. You may also need to unregister searchqudtx.dll using regsvr32 /u searchqudtx.dllFunda le mpendulo ngokuhambisana nalesi sihloko 👍 173
All Replies (2)
I was not able to modify any config setting till I uninstalled Searchqu toolbar. 1. I found an Uninstall.exe file in
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Searchqu Toolbar\" directory - I run that first. If Unistall file is not there I suppose one can delete all files in that directory and
remove all registry entries related to searchqu by typing regedit and finding all entries related to searchqu and deleteing them. 2. I removed extension. (Tools->Add-ons->Extensions) 3. then I was able to modify Config entries by typing about:config in an address bar and filtering by searchqu and modifying all entries similar to what author of the post suggested.
So my $0.02 - try to find uninstall.exe first or delete toolbar my other means Then you should be able to do other stuff like changing you homepage.
Many thanks, this worked perfectly.