Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
To upgrade, firefoz cannot connect to the update server. It has been trying for 3 hours to connect.
I got a notice to upgrade my firefox. I downloaded the .exe program successfully. Now I get a screen that says "connecting to the update server" along with a status bar. It has been working for 3 hours and cannot connect to the update server. What should I do now?
All Replies (1)
- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Software_Update (Software Update not working properly)
Remove the files in the updates and updates\0 folder.
You may need to delete active-update.xml and updates.xml as well if present.
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Mozilla Firefox\updates (%LOCALAPPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Mozilla Firefox)
Download a fresh Firefox copy and save the file to the desktop.
- Firefox 4.0.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Uninstall your current Firefox version and remove the Firefox program folder before installing that copy of the Firefox installer.
- Do not remove personal data if you uninstall the current version.
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other profile data are stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder and won't be affected by a reinstall, but make sure that you do not select to remove personal data if you uninstall Firefox.