Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
How to deal with rogue diverter www.bywill.net in Google.
When desired site is clicked in Google www.bywill.net appears in the destination window instead of the site address listed and a different site is displayed. This happens with IE as well as Firefox. Repeated searches by McAfee disclose no viruses. They suggested site blocking but this only stops bywell displaying its chosen site.
Hi Geoff, please do the following.
Download the free version of Malwarebytes from http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free and run a full system scan to eliminate malware as the culprit as is often the case.
- Go to about:config again and then in the filter at the top, type: bywell
- For every entry which appears with that name in it, right click it and choose "Reset".
- Close Firefox and then restart it again to complete the removal.
If all else fails...
- Click "Help" | "Restart with add-ons disabled".
- Checkmark "Reset all user preferences to Firefox defaults"
- Click "Make Changes and restart".
This will remove all your customizations and add-ons and restore Firefox to a virgin state.Funda le mpendulo ngokuhambisana nalesi sihloko 👍 7
All Replies (1)
Thank you for your tip but someone with the necessary power and authority seems to have put paid to bywill's shenanigans.