I downloaded Firefox 4, have a Mac Powerbook G4 with OS X and firefox downloads, but opens with an X on the symbol and won't work, says architecture won't support - what is up?
Have tried 4 times to download Firefox 4 and each time it seems to be working OK, but when I go to move the firefox symbol onto the Application symbol, the firefox symbol has an X in an O indicating that it won't work and doesn't. Note says that the architecture won't support the new download. Can I get the update and if so, how? Dave Morrison
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- npmnqmp 071303000004
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Provides support for Digital Rights Management
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4
I have Mac OS X 10.5.8
Firefox 4 doesn't run on a PowerPC Mac.
Firefox 4 requires at least OS X 10.5 and an Intel Mac.
For Mac OS X 10.4.11 or Mac OS X 10.5.8 you can look at:
Firefox 3.6.x can be found here: