Since upgrading to 3.6.13, i can no longer open tabs using the extension, only by right clicking on the open page, and then not always. I've had to go to Chrome as i can't get firefox to work.
Firefox worked great. I have been using it for years. When i completed the recent update to 3.6.13, the new tab button/extension little + box quit working. I can click and nothing happens. I right click, get the drop down menu but nothing works. I cannot open a blank tab or windwo as when i want to go somewhere new without closing windows i have open. The only way i can access a new tab is if i go to my bookmarks and open one then use that screen to go where i wanted to go. I've had to switch to Google Chrome to complete tasks i need done online, but it doesn't let me do a lot of what i want to.
The Ask Toolbar is causing that in the Firefox 3.6.13 version. Evidently something in that extension isn't compatible with a Firefox security fix. Disable that extension or un-install it.Funda le mpendulo ngokuhambisana nalesi sihloko 4
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
Ngaso sonke isikhathi lapho i-Firefox ivulwa
Lokhu kwaqala ngenkathi...
i updated to 3.6.13
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 184.108.40.206
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- Bing Bar
- Google Update
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20101203 AskTbARS/22.214.171.12490 Firefox/3.6.13
The Ask Toolbar is causing that in the Firefox 3.6.13 version. Evidently something in that extension isn't compatible with a Firefox security fix. Disable that extension or un-install it.
That did it! Thanks so much ;)
Perfect! Thank you so much! It's been driving me crazy for days, and I couldn't find a solution anywhere. I appreciate your help!
I'll try to make this clear. I USED to be able to left click on a hyper link and the hyper link would open in a NEW tab. Now for some unknown reason the hyper link by default opens in the same tab (window). I have to right click the hyper link in order for it to open in a NEW tab. (Yes, my 'tools'> 'options'> 'tabs' are set to "open new windows in a new tab." (Please no answers telling me to get rid of the Ask toolbar because I don't have one.) Thank you.
Thank you so much! Spot on help...all working well now - cheers!