I have it set that my URL bar doesn't remember things when I type in a URL. However, when I type, it still gives me a drop down of sites I've been to. Why? And how do I fix this? It's really annoying
example: if I start to type in www.mozilla.com, the URL bar gives a drop down of all the sites I've been to that start with www.mo, even though if I pull up my settings, it's set to not remember anything.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- E-centives Coupon Activator
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- ArtistScope plugin 42
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- Mozilla ActiveX control and plugin module
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/2009122116 Firefox/3.0.17 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Are you using the old Firefox 3.0.17 version (Help > About) that shows in your post or gives that the wrong version?
In the Firefox 3.0.x versions you are limited about what to do with the location bar.
- Old Location Bar: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/7637
If you update to Firefox 3.5.x or 3.6.x then you have more options for the location bar behavior.
See Smart Location Bar