On certain sites (like chats), the shift symbols are not working correctly.
On certain sites (like chats), the shift symbols are not working correctly, but shift+letters works fine. I've tried changing the set keyboard language, as well as the character encoding, but nothing works. I don't have this problem in IE.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Nexus Personal Plug-Ins
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/2010031422 Firefox/3.0.19 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Although possibly not related to your problem, I have to remind you that the version of Firefox you are using at the moment has been discontinued and is no longer supported. On top of this, it has known unpatched bugs and security problems. I urge you to update to the latest version of Firefox, for maximum security, stability, performance and usability. You can get it for free, as always, at getfirefox.com.
As for your issue, I'm not sure if this is the case, but there is a little know keyboard shortcut to change the keyboard language on Windows. And it's very annoying, since it's easily triggered. I don't know exactly which one it is, but I think it's CTRL+SHIFT, the ones on the right. I suggest you ask Microsoft for support on this one. Firefox doesn't control keyboard languages.