Trying to upgrade to 3.6.8, and it says I can't because I "don't have access to some of the items. What in the world does this mean, and what do I do?
I'm on a new Mac Mini running 10.6.4, bought in January and loaded with what I assumed was the latest version of FireFox--what I have is 3.5.2. I know I upgraded at least once since January
When I try to download 3.6.8, it says that I "don't have access to some of the items."
I don't think I've downloaded any plug-ins or anything that should trigger this. I have done a bunch of the standard upgrades that Microsoft incessantly sends out to fix problems in the Office suite. Haven't added any new applications. Can't figure out the problem. HELP!
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
Lokhu kwaqala ngenkathi...
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0.0
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2
Haven't done any. Have no idea what to do.
- uninstall your current version of Firefox (no data will be lost) - delete it's Firefox install folder (not your profile folder) - install the new version
That should circumvent this problem. If you can't delete your Firefox install folder, after having uninstalled it, maybe it's because some of the files are locked. Try rebooting the system. If that doesn't help, ask Apple for support.
You can move your current version to the trash before installing a newly downloaded full version.
Download a new copy of the Firefox program: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html