Firefox Beta Feedback site does not recognize browser as Beta
When I try to use the feedback app I get a page telling me to download the latest version of the beta. I am using version 4.0b2, the latest version according to Help>Check for Updates.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Octoshape embedded video plugin
- Version 188.8.131.52
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.2
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Picasa plugin
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:2.0b2) Gecko/20100720 Firefox/4.0b2
Just to be sure I downloaded and installed was was shown as the latest beta. I still received the "you'll need to be on our latest beta" message when I tried to leave feedback.
I have not found a definitive answer, but this is an educated guess. Beta 3 was planned for release on 6th August, but has been delayed a few days. There were similar reports about needing the latest beta for users of beta 1 just before beta 2 was released. I am guessing that the feedback system has an expiry date based on when the next beta is due to be released. So for beta 2 the feedback stopped accepting data around 6th August when beta 3 was planned to be released.