File downloads disappear after I completely close the Firefox browser
After I updated to 3.6.6, whenever I save a file to my computer, it stays there until I completely close the Firefox browser. The file disappears after that. Before 3.6.6, everything worked fine and I didn't experience this issue. I've also checked with my anti-virus program and this will not happen when I download from Internet Explorer. I'm using Windows 7 Prof. as the operating system. Thanks.
Every time Firefox opened
== I updated to 3.6.6
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- -Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6
Open Containing Folder
I have this problem also. I had it with FF3.6.21 and so i tried 6.0.1 but the files still disappear upon closing FF. I tried turning off My Norton Internet Security as suggested above, but files still disappear.
I don't have MS Office so I presume I don't have MS Office Auto Scan, also mentioned above.
Any other ideas?
' the SOLUTION which i got thanks to what someone else said was to disable the auto scan in firefox. to do this you have to type in "about:config" in the address bar then click the i'll be safe or something button, then type in "browser.download.manager.scanWhenDone" in the filter bar near the top one option should show up that says true under the value double click it and it should then say false and also all the text should go bold.
- # this was all i had to do to make it work and all files where downloading fine after. hope this helps someone.