Drag and Drop on Windows SkyDrive does not work in 3.6.6
As stated in title, Drag and Drop files on Windows Live SkyDrive no longer works. It worked in version 3.6.3 and stopped in v3.6.4 and latest. Now all I get is an image of a circles turning and turning, but the Silverlight object never loads. Though Silverlight plugin is not listed in this automated lookup section, it is installed.
URL of affected sites
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- -LogMeIn, Inc. Remote Access Components
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Version 1.1.0, copyright 1996-2010 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6
I can confirm that I am having this issue as well. I have tested my FF 3.6.6 installation on other Silverlight enabled websites and they work fine, but the Skydrive/Office Live rich uploader fails to load. The rich uploader does work on Google Chrome and IE.
I have the same exact problem. I can not add any photos now as the manual upload option is not available either
Same here, Firefox version 3.6.6 and silverlight 4, can't add photos in skydrive with it, just see the circles going round
I confirm I have the same problem.
- Windows XP
- Firefox v3.6.6
Same problem, Firefox 3.6.6, Windows Vista AND Windows 7 with no plugins/addons (apart from Silverlight, of course)...
I can also confirm the problem occured with the immediately previous version of Firefox (was it 3.6.4?)
I also have this same problem. Any body have some solution for it?
I'm having a similar issue related to using a Drag and Drop control within a Silverlight app I'm developing. It looks like disabling the separate process for running plugins allows the Silverlight app to load.
I had to set the about:config setting 'dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npctrl.dll' to false and restart FF in order for it to work. This isn't really ideal though, as you lose the benefit of the plugins not bringing down the browse if they crash.
who can help?
(from original poster) For those playing at home, version 3.6.7 does "not" fix the problem.
Also, as Anonymous mentions, his tweak does prevent to problem but as he states, "This isn't really ideal though, as you lose the benefit of the plugins not bringing down the browse if they crash."
Still waiting for a fix...
- This issue seems to be isolated to drag and drop controls in the Silverlight plugin.
- It seems to be related to plugin isolation feature that was introduced in 3.6.4, and this issue is still prevalent in 4.0b1.
- The workaround is to disable plugin isolation by going into about:config, then setting dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npctrl.dll to false.
- Macs don't seem to be affected (not sure).
FF v 3.6.8 still not fixed.
I have the same problem
I have solved this problem. yooooooooooooo i installed Mozilla Firefox 3.6.3. Download from Torrent. Drag and Drop for skydrive works on this version of firefox
I don't think downgrading to 3.6.3 is a "solution". Sure, as that version does not isolate running plug-ins, Silverlight (and therefore Skydrive) runs fine, but you lose all improvements of the current version of Firefox.
So the previous poster solution isn't a "solution"... at least for me.
Yes jaime You are right but to get somthing you have to loose somthing
Syed: Yes, although in that case it's a "workaround", not a "solution".
What would be a solution is Mozilla acknowledging the problem and at least trying to fix it.
Windows 7 Firefox 3.6.8 Silverlight 4
FF 3.6.8 SL 4 Win XP
with the above... same problem!