Firefox opens multiple tabs uncontrollably.
Firefox opens multiple tabs uncontrollably when I try to open any php file.
Not sure how often
== I suspect I ignorantly altered some settings
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- -RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- Default Plug-in
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- Version 1.0.0, copyright 1996-2009 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_16 for Mozilla browsers
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100315 Firefox/3.5.9
Firebug 1.5.4 , skype, real player browser record plugin.
You can have infinite tabs opening if you have selected Firefox as the application to handle a file if you get an Open with download window. Firefox should not be selected as the application to handle a file and you have to remove the action that is associated with that file type.
See http://kb.mozillazine.org/File_types_and_download_actions ("File handling in Firefox 3 and SeaMonkey 2" and "Reset Download Actions")
It worked for me when I deleted the mimeTypes.rdf file (just make sure you're in the right folder)