How do i restore my lost history and bookmarks after updating to Firefox 3.6.3?
I recently downloaded firefox 3.6.3 and I started to receive problems. Firefox started to crash and after turning it on one day i found that my history and bookmarks are gone. When going onto Firefox a white screen comes up and I can not longer press the forward, back, reload and stop loading button. How do I fix these problems
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- -The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Version 0.9.8a, copyright 1996-2008 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Although possibly not related to your problem, I will remind you that the version of Firefox you are using at the moment as been discontinued and is no longer supported. Furthermore, it has known bugs and security problems. I urge you to update to the latest version of Firefox, for maximum stability, performance, security and usability. You can get it for free, as always, at getfirefox.com.
As for your question, see this article:
But you may be having a problem with some extension or plugin that is hindering your Firefox's normal behavior. Have you tried disabling all add-ons (just to check), to see if Firefox goes back to normal?
If you posted this with a Firefox 3.6.3 version then you need to check the user agent.
See Find what version of Firefox you are using and Web sites or add-ons incorrectly report incompatible browser See also http://kb.mozillazine.org/Resetting_your_useragent_string_to_its_compiled-in_default
if you press F10 on your keyboard it should show back up. then you go to view ...toolbars...then check the menu back. this should put it back up permanently or otherwise it'll keep disappearing
F10 then go to View...then scroll to toolbars...then click on Menu Bar (a check will show up next to it)