After updating to version 3.5.9 all websites send back a URL error. I end up having to do a system restore to before i installed the update to get ithe browser to work again. Any suggestions?
I've downloaded the update a total of three times now. Each time an error message saying that the webpage can not be found is the only thing that comes up no matter what page i try to access. I've tried to restart my computer, restart firefox, run windows 7 troubleshooter on the wireless connection all to no avail.
URL of affected sites
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- -Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_11 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100202 Firefox/3.5.8
Have you checked your Firewall configuration?
Check if Firefox is on the allow/trusted programs list
That is not the problem. When I enstall a new browser or updates for the one i have i temporarily uninstall the security program to ensure that there are no conflicts. Once the updates or new browser is installed i reinstall the security program and double check to make sure it has permission.