Is there a way to play a sound affect after a download is complete?
When a file has completed downloading I would like to have a sound played on the computer. How can I do this?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- -IE Tab Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Java Plug-in 1.5.0_12 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/2009073022 Firefox/3.0.13 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
You should look for an extension in addons.mozilla.org . I don't know of any that does that, but I do know of a fantastic download manager and accelerator that lets you have a sound effect once the download is complete:
You may also be interested in this one:
It lets you see your current downloads at the bottom of the screen, which is a nice way to track their progress.
Also, Firefox 3.7 (or 4.0, whatever the number will be) will have a notification in the status bar, by default, once the download is completed. You should try the latest nightly:
And see if you like it. If you have a feature request to make, file a bug in bugzilla.mozilla.org tagged as a feature request for Firefox 3.7
I should also say that you are using an old version of Firefox that is no longer supported. Please update to Firefox 3.6 for maximum security, speed and functionality. It's completely free, as always.