can I, and how do I, put firefox on a stick so I can travel with my it and my bookmarks
can I, and how do I, put firefox on a stick so I can travel with it and my bookmarks
Use the portable Firefox version. See http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/browsers/portable_firefoxFunda le mpendulo ngokuhambisana nalesi sihloko 3
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- -Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_11 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
I'm going to say how I do it, not whether it's ideal, but just because it works for me.
I unzip http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-mozilla-1.9.2/firefox-3.6.5pre.en-US.win32.zip into the stick then copy my profile from the pc to a folder I create on the stick named myprofile I then create a shortcut on the stick to the .exe on the stick with the following in the Target box of the shortcut properties:
"E:\firefox.exe" -no-remote -profile "E:\myprofile"
Obviously you'd need to edit that to whatever drive letter your stick gets assigned by the PC it's plugged into, but I've found over 90% of them assign E: to it. If no Firefox is installed on the PC then an empty 'mozilla' folder is created in the %appdata% location but nothing is saved there because I'm directing it to look on the stick for the actual profile.
Use the portable Firefox version. See http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/browsers/portable_firefox