times new roman is unavailable as font
times new roman is not available as a font in firefox (options; advanced settings). Makes it difficult to see webpages
Not sure how often
== After a registry clean (I think) is affecting many softwares
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- -Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Ask Toolbar Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
To get the Windows core fonts back, you would need to recover them from your Windows installation CD or from another computer running Windows.
A free font that's similar to Times New Roman is DejaVu Serif, which you can download for free from http://sourceforge.net/projects/dejav.../dejavu-sans-ttf-2.30.zip
If the fonts are still in the fonts folder then try to reinstall (refresh) them.
Open Control Panel > Fonts Choose > File > Install new Font Browse to the C:\windows\fonts folder Click "Select All" to select all fonts or select only specific fonts that you want to refresh Click Install to install and refresh all selected fonts. You can press the Alt key and click the Yes button to confirm that you want to replace the fonts.
I had the same issue after upgrading to 3.6.7. Setting "Roman" as the font made non-CSS sites look awful. I could not find Times New Roman.
It was there after all. I found two list of fonts in that drop-down, divided by a horizontal rule. Times New Roman is at the end of the first list. It is very easy to scroll quickly to the end and miss it. Try scrolling slowly and look for the break where second list starts. Times New Roman will be just above.