On login to my bank, Firefox has a popup asking me to open or download a file called ibank.dll. This happens only on this browser, not on Explorer, Opera, or Safari.
When logging in on my bank, Firefox also loads a box with "You have chosen to open ibank.dll which is a document from https://[bank name site]. I can still log into my account, but the extra window is annoying. This happens only on Firefox. It does not occur if I log in from Explorer, Opera, or Safari. I use an iMac.
URL of affected sites
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- -Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5.0
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- Version 18.104.22.16882
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
Does this happen after you clear the cache?
Follow the steps at How to clear the Firefox cache
Clearing the cache and/or deleting cookies does not affect this problem. Checking or unchecking allow popups does not affect the problem, either.
This occurs only on Firefox.
Clearing cache and/or erasing cookies does not solve the issue.
Clearing cache and/or deleting cookies does not resolve this issue. This happens only on Firefox.
According to this, it is a problem with the bank site's software:
According to this, it could be malware (search/find on the page, it is near the bottom):