Hi there! I installed Firefox on a new computer, set up my sync account and don't have (or see) all my passwords.
I had almost 300 passwords, now I have 60~ passwords on my new PC.
Can anyone help me?
All Replies (2)
Not really anything to do but wait. I had similar issues when 109 came out. Sync was out of sync and not showing all my devices. It took a few days, but it cleared up. I would also suggest you run Firefox from Mozilla and Waterfox. This way your data is in more than one browser in case one goes BOOM. see old screenshot
You can transfer the logins by copying logins.json and key4.db (encryption key) to the new device.
You can copy certain files with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to transfer/recover/backup your personal data. Note that best is to avoid copying a full profile folder.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- favicons: favicons.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (encrypted logins) and key4.db (decryption key and primary password) for logins saved in the Password Manager
- cert9.db for certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
- persdict.dat for words added to the spell checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)