New Desktop - Copied Profile - Now Firfox will not load
Setting up new Desktop loaded Firefox it worked - Tried to load my bookmarks by copying Profile directory replacing Profife folder . Now get Profile corrupt and crash. Uninstall reinstalling not a fix.
How do I reinstall a new version of Firefox as I can manually save my bookmarks
Any help appreciated
All Replies (1)
Best is to use the Profile Manager to create a new profile folder if you previously replaced all file in the profile that Firefox created with the files of your backup.
You can copy certain files with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to transfer or recover personal data. Note that best is to avoid copying a full profile folder.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- favicons: favicons.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (encrypted logins;32+) and key4.db (decryption key;58+) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
key3.db support ended in 73+; to use key3.db in 58-72, make sure to remove key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
- persdict.dat for words added to the spell checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)