Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.

Google and its subdomains not functioning/resolving/communicating properly

  • 2 uphendule
  • 1 inale nkinga
  • 7 views
  • Igcine ukuphendulwa ngu cjcullen4

more options

Since the Firefox 100 update, I have had issues with Firefox connecting to Google and its subdomains. When the browser is first started, all google domains work fine. After a few minutes though, a dialog at the top of G-mail (multiple accounts) appears stating it wants to re-connect, and will try and reconnect indefinitely with no success until the browser is closed and reopened. Also, calendar will stop working, and attempting to connect to any other google service (search, keep, drive, etc.) results in no DNS resolve, with sometimes the search bar URL changing to "about:blank." I have tried resetting the browser and re-installation (both at a user and administrative permission level) with no avail. Is this a known problem, or is it suspected there is another culprit here? It is worth noting that this is my company laptop, and that my coworker has also recently began running into this issue.

Thanks!

Since the Firefox 100 update, I have had issues with Firefox connecting to Google and its subdomains. When the browser is first started, all google domains work fine. After a few minutes though, a dialog at the top of G-mail (multiple accounts) appears stating it wants to re-connect, and will try and reconnect indefinitely with no success until the browser is closed and reopened. Also, calendar will stop working, and attempting to connect to any other google service (search, keep, drive, etc.) results in no DNS resolve, with sometimes the search bar URL changing to "about:blank." I have tried resetting the browser and re-installation (both at a user and administrative permission level) with no avail. Is this a known problem, or is it suspected there is another culprit here? It is worth noting that this is my company laptop, and that my coworker has also recently began running into this issue. Thanks!
Ama-screenshot ananyekiwe

Isisombululo esikhethiwe

This could be a problem with the TLS 1.3 Early Data feature also known as Zero Round Trip Time Resumption (0rtt). You can try to set security.tls.enable_0rtt_data = false on the about:config page to disable this feature until this is fixed by Google or Mozilla to see if that helps.

You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar. If you get the warning page, you can click the "Accept the Risk and Continue" button.

See also:

Funda le mpendulo ngokuhambisana nalesi sihloko 👍 1

All Replies (2)

more options

Isisombululo Esikhethiwe

This could be a problem with the TLS 1.3 Early Data feature also known as Zero Round Trip Time Resumption (0rtt). You can try to set security.tls.enable_0rtt_data = false on the about:config page to disable this feature until this is fixed by Google or Mozilla to see if that helps.

You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar. If you get the warning page, you can click the "Accept the Risk and Continue" button.

See also:

Okulungisiwe ngu cor-el

more options

Thanks Cor-el!

I had just found another thread that you had also recommended this fix on and have just implemented it. Had not had a chance to circle back and reference that thread and credit you here yet. It seems like it is functioning properly now, but time will tell.