Pref to block/fake font-readout?
Is there a preference in about:config to fake or simply block websites from reading the font-list of my operatingsystem? I think it is pretty ridiculous anyways that websites can access this information since it has nothing todo with the webbrowser visiting the site but going beyond to spy on information that i consider private.
Same question goes for audio-readout, is there a pref to fake or block?
There is a preference to restrict the fonts sites can "see". Whether this will make your browser less recognizable or more recognizable is hard to say:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.
More info on about:config: Configuration Editor for Firefox. The moderators would like us to remind you that changes made through this back door aren't fully supported and aren't guaranteed to continue working in the future.
(2) In the search box in the page, type or paste layout.css.font-visibility and pause while the list is filtered
Firefox should display four preferences:
(3) Double-click each preference to display an editing field, and change the value to whatever you prefer from the options below, then press Enter or click the blue check mark button to save the change:
- 1 => only base system fonts (default with resistFingerprinting)
- 2 => also fonts from optional language packs
- 3 => also user-installed fonts (default except with resistFingerprinting)
All Replies (4)
Well so, i did as suggested and shared my "idea" that actually should be a standard setting... so far no reply... I even shared this topic on various sites... Mozilla Support Bugzilla Crowd City Connect Mozilla
And what can i say... Bugzilla and Connectmozilla don't reply and the other posts have been deleted. Great. This is just great.
It's so easy to change timezone with Bromite Browsers, but then look at Firefox... https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1375011 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1766807 https://mozilla.crowdicity.com/post/766209 https://connect.mozilla.org/t5/ideas/firefox-must-include-a-setting-to-change-systemtimezone/idi-p/5028#M2205 https://connect.mozilla.org/t5/discussions/firefox-must-include-a-setting-to-change-systemtimezone/m-p/5029#M2215
And what can i say... Bugzilla and Connectmozilla don't reply and the other posts have been deleted.
Bugzilla has thousands of open bugs, and yours should get triaged at some point.
This is live for user comment:
And what can i say... Bugzilla ... mozilla don't reply ...
bugzilla.mozilla.org is a general issue tracker for a variety of things as it is not a ticket support system or such where you get a reply on each bug posted. They call it a bug even though it may have nothing to with being a bug in something or such.
Okulungisiwe ngu James