Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
In the search bar, google search engine missing
I could'nt get Google in the search bar, it is missing into the list of seach engine and a few others too. I had tryed all the troubleshout shown in "Mozilla Support" and others, but could'nt get it back.
How can I solve this problem ?
All Replies (3)
Hi, Google is the default search engine in most of the world. Does it still appear in the "Shortcuts" box here:
- Windows: "3-bar" menu button (or Tools menu) > Settings (previously "Options")
- Mac: "3-bar" menu button (or Firefox menu) > Preferences
- Linux: "3-bar" menu button (or Edit menu) > Preferences
- Any system: type or paste about:preferences into the address bar and press Enter/Return to load it
In the left column, click "Search" and then on the right side, scroll down to the Shortcuts box.
If Google is listed, does it have a check mark in the left column (it needs one)?
If Google is not listed, is the "Restore Default Search Engines" enabled? If so, go ahead and click that.
If the above posted suggestions didn't work then try to rename/remove search.json.mozlz4 in the Firefox profile folder with Firefox closed to rebuild the search engines registry.
You can use the button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page (Root directory).
- Help -> More Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
Firefox will rebuild search.json.mozlz4 from the built-in search engines.