Firefox won't open links in duckduckgo
I'm an avid user of Firefox latest on Manjaro, up to date.
Since yesterday, when I updated from Firefox 87.0-1 to 87.0-2, I have a strange bug using DuckduckGo.
What happens ?
- When on DuckduckGo result page, clicking a link won't open when using the "Open in another tab" setting
- I will open the link if that setting is not used
- I can open it in a new tab with the right-click menu, or by ctrl-clicking it.
- When hovering above a link, the bottom-left tooltip does show up and the cursor does become a hand, suggesting the link should work. Alas, it doesn't.
What did I try ?
- I did restart in "safe mode", with all addons disabled.
- I did reset the cache.
- I tried testing the same behavior on Google, and it did work as expected.
- I tried DDG in another browser (Gnome Web/Epiphany), and it worked as expected.
I have yet to notice the same issue with any other website. Any Idea where I should report this minor, but annoying but ?
Thanks & Cheers, -- JAB
All Replies (4)
Yeah, of course. But I'm posting this more to report the bug so it gets a fix than to fix it for myself. Ir's not a big problem, as ctrl-click still works fine.
For other Manjaro users, you can use the downgrader command, from the repos, to reinstall a previous version.
If it was a Firefox bug, this is not the place to report it. Go to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ I doubt that it is a Firefox bug; I have no such problem using DuckDuckGo. It must be your distro's version.
Try the Firefox version from the official Mozilla server if you currently use a version from the repositories of your Linux distribution.