Steam Download slows down when Firefox is running
I noticed a strange behaviour since yesterday when trying to download a game while running firefox. When i start a download i get the full downloadspeed. But when i open up firefox the DL speed drops right away and sometimes even reaches 0.
I just have to run FF without visiting any site (home tab). I dont get a throttled DL speed when using other game clients. I can download files via FF itself without any problems. After closing FF the DL sometimes gets back up, sometimes its stuck at a low level.
I have a recently installed system. Im running
Windows 10, 2004 (newest updates) AMD CPU and X570 board, newest chipset drivers. Kaspersky and Malwarebytes (tho i still have the problem after deinstalling them)
Anyone can confirm this or has a solution to the problem?
- Using other browser while DLing in Steam: no issue.
- Deleting/reinstalling FF, starting without Addons (ublock, noscript): same issue
- setting up a VM with Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, Steam and FF (tho on a different device and inet): no issue
- if i start FF and nothing else i dont see any movement in task-manager @ CPU and Network graphs
- i dont have any tuner or optimizer installed. Just drivers and game clients from reliable sources