Lolu chungechunge lwavalwa lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
lost passwords - Lockwise didn't find all that Firefox used to have
Find ALL my passwords that Firefox had saved & add them to Lockwise. I had them in Firefox & don't know where they went.
duplicate. continue at /questions/1292035
Okulungisiwe ngu Andrew
All Replies (3)
Save passwords automatically
- Click on the menu button. to open the menu panel.
- Click Logins and Passwords. ...
- Click the Firefox Lockwise menu (three dots), then click Options. ...
- Add a checkmark next to Ask to save logins and passwords for websites to enable the password prompt, or uncheck to disable it.
Note: Some websites have a limit on the length of the password field. If you paste or autofill input that is too long you may see a message such as: "Please shorten this text to 20 characters or less", and will need to use a shorter password.
Hi nsigner, sorry to hear about this problem. Was there a major change in your Firefox around the time this happened, such as:
- Firefox version update
- Firefox Refresh (look for an Old Firefox Data folder on your desktop)
- new profile created (usually many kinds of data/settings are affected)
- changed a password
- anything else?
Could you back up a pair of files used for login storage, just in case we need them later? Here's how:
Open your current Firefox profile folder (settings folder) using either
- "3-bar" menu button > "?" Help > Troubleshooting Information
- (menu bar) Help > Troubleshooting Information
- type or paste about:support in the address bar and press Enter/Return
In the first table on the page, on the Profile Folder row, click the "Show in Finder" button. If Finder highlights an icon with a semi-random name like a1b2c3d4.default, double-click it to display the contents of that profile folder.
Leaving that window open, switch back to Firefox and Quit, either:
- "3-bar" menu button > Quit
- (menu bar) Firefox > Quit
Pause while Firefox finishes its cleanup, then copy/paste logins#46;json and key4#46;db to a safe location such as your Mac desktop or documents folder.
Then you can start Firefox again.
If you open the logins#46;json file in a tab in Firefox, after a few moments, Firefox should display a structured view of the logins in the file. Do you see the missing/inaccessible logins saved in there?