I upgraded from 60.9.1 to 68.4.1 and my old emails are not coming up.
I did the update on my Win10 laptop and at first it was not responsive. I finally got the update to load, but all of my old emails and folders did not carry over like they have in previous updates. I've looked at my app data and see 2 profiles, but the dates on them are from 2012 and not anything recent. I'm confused on how to recover that info.
I have a similar problem with Win10 1909, build 18363.592. Tried all the recommended fixes I found before getting to this page. Reverted back to 60.7.0, which worked. Wondering if the issue relates to using a POP server.Funda le mpendulo ngokuhambisana nalesi sihloko 0
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:72.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/72.0
Tried opening all the other profiles and none of them had the old emails. I suspect they are on the profile that kept freezing.
That is the two common update issues. If that does not fix it. I suggest you invest more effort into explaining exactly what happened and what you are setting now.
That didn't restore my old emails either. The issue here is I got the prompt to update my version of thunderbird. The update downloaded and appeared to run. However, when I went to open it, nothing loaded up. I went to check for updates and got a window showing the new version number and applying updates. I go to my app data folder and see 4 profiles listed. 2 of them are the new profiles created while trying to update. 2 of them are profiles from my old laptop from more than 7 years ago. All of my old emails since I've been using this laptop did not transfer over to the new version. I don't know any better way to explain it.
I have a similar problem with Win10 1909, build 18363.592. Tried all the recommended fixes I found before getting to this page. Reverted back to 60.7.0, which worked. Wondering if the issue relates to using a POP server.
Some users have managed to access their old profile by deleting the global search sqlite file: