Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
Firefox Lockwise: Passwords dissapeared
Hello, I've since yesterday a problem with Firefox Lockwise. The problem is that Firefox Lockwise doesn't want to display the passwords, I stored in Firefox Lockwise
All Replies (4)
I have the problem too... :/
I ask my self, what is going on with Firefox Lockwise? :/ That's weird...
Okulungisiwe ngu Michael Poloue
The OP used a Firefox user agent for desktop to post this question.
Did you lose the passwords in Firefox Lockwise for desktop or in the Lockwise app for mobile devices?
Firefox 70 on desktop uses Lockwise as a builtin component and that component should use logins.json and key4.db like previous Firefox versions did. There was a Lockwise extension for Firefox 67-69 that used a Firefox Sync Account to access the passwords just like the Lockwise app for Android.
Did you lose personal data other than the passwords ?
If you lost personal data then it is possible that a new default-release profile folder has been created. See "Determine if Firefox has created a new profile":
You can open the about:profiles page via the location bar to check whether multiple profiles are present and what profile Firefox currently is using.
- Do NOT click any Remove button on this page.
I opened FF and now have 71.0 and it doesnt have my >100 passwords. I had read others that had this problem and added that I have the prob. too. I tried the 'fix' that jscher2000 gave just now. I had not tried it since I was afraid it would do 'something' and just tried it. here tis:
Here's how, for Firefox 71:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.
(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste signon and pause while the list is filtered
(3) Double-click the signon.management.page.enabled preference to switch the value from true to false
(4) Double-click the signon.management.overrideURI preference to display an editable text field, remove the entire URL, then press Enter/Return to save or click the blue checkmark button
Then when you click the Saved Logins button, you should get the old popup-style dialog. Is your data still there?
OK, well my data is still not there. NO passwords. All that shows up is 3 passwords that I have added since all this started. What can I do?? ps I never got any msg asking me whether I wanted to update to 71.0, it just did it. This was in November and since then I have not been able to get into my old sites! That was NOT right.