Tabs don't in background
Using the CTRL key, FF ignores the browser.tabs.loadInBackground flag. 60.6.1esr (64-bit),
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
Maybe that link was already coded to pop up in a new window?
Firefox has different behaviors depending on how/why a new tab was opened. Could you check these settings:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button promising to be careful or accepting the risk.
(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste inback and pause while the list is filtered
(3) Double-click the following preferences to switch the value from false to true as desired:
- browser.tabs.loadInBackground - when you right-click > Open Link in New Tab, or Ctrl+click, or middle-click a link (default = true)
- browser.tabs.loadDivertedInBackground - when a link was coded to launch in a new window and Firefox switched it to a new tab instead (default = false)
- browser.tabs.loadBookmarksInBackground - when you direct a bookmark to a new tab (e.g., using right-click > Open in New Tab, or Ctrl+click, or middle-click a bookmark) (default = false)
Can you get it working the way you like?
Holding Shift in addition should toggle the background/focus setting, does it make a difference if you hold Ctrl+Shift and left-click?
Does middle-clicking behave the same way?
Once when my tabs didn't in background I checked and much to my surprise I accidentally them!