firefox keeps putting prevent pop up window on my outlook emails
i keep getting "pop up window prevented" on my outlook email site i need to get to my emails. i need help. larry white
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.131.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 24.0 r0
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
Hi Larry, have you already tried using the Allow button to save an exception for the site, so it can always create popup windows? Is that not working?
Another method is to use the Permissions panel of the Page Info dialog. While you are on the site, you can call that up using either of these:
- right-click a blank area of the page and choose View Page Info > Permissions
- (menu bar) Tools menu > Page Info > Permissions
Look for "Open Pop-up Windows" and you can uncheck the "Use default" box and select the Allow permission.
In addition to Firefox's built-in feature, be aware of possible add-on issues. You can view, disable, and often remove unwanted or unknown extensions on the Add-ons page. Either:
- Ctrl+Shift+a (Mac: Command+Shift+a)
- "3-bar" menu button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons
- type or paste about:addons in the address bar and press Enter/Return
In the left column of the Add-ons page, click Extensions.
Then cast a critical eye over the list on the right side. Any extensions Firefox installs for built-in features are hidden from this page, so everything listed here is your choice (and your responsibility) to manage. Anything related to pop-up, or ads, or that you just do not remember installing or why? If in doubt, disable (or remove), or try its Options button for more, er, options.