If there are two tabs and the second tab opens on clicking a button in first tab.The second tab if already open does't get focus.
On clicking a button open a new tab and if the tab is already open then on clicking the button again the opened tab should get focus but it doesn't get focus.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/73.0.3683.86 Safari/537.36
Is the link/button a window.open() that (re)uses a named window, such as
On the first use, with the default settings, Firefox needs to DIVERT the new window to a new tab instead. By default, Firefox gives that new tab focus.
On the second load, Firefox does NOT need to open either a new window or a new tab, it only needs to launch a page in the existing tab. So I don't think these two preferences apply to that process:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button promising to be careful or accepting the risk.
(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste inback and pause while the list is filtered
- browser.tabs.loadInBackground has a default value of true
- browser.tabs.loadDivertedInBackground has a default value of false
Changing that first one to false didn't affect this problem for me.
If you are the application developer and you want the page to get the focus, you could look at something like https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Web/API/Window/focus to see whether that works for you.
See also: Where to go for developer support
did the chnage you suggested but it didn't resolve my issue
Yes, I said I tested that change and it didn't have any effect. So then I wrote:
If you are the application developer and you want the page to get the focus, you could look at something like https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Web/API/Window/focus to see whether that works for you. See also: Where to go for developer support
Are you the application developer, or do you need an end-user hack-around for that site?
I am an application developer .Is there any solution ?
Please try the two links I provided before.
It didn't resolve my issue.
If you posted a question on Stack Overflow, could you provide a link to it here for reference. If you didn't post there yet, please see the link in this article: Where to go for developer support.