Firefox has downloaded 5 gigs of data from a Twitcj Interactive Server
I noticed today that since early morning Firefox has downloaded over 5 gigs of data. This was not an authorized download or something I set up but seems to be files placed under AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ty3znz5x.default\cache2\entries. What bothers me is the source. These files came from video-edge-c6809c.lhr03.no-abs.hls.ttvnw.net and video-edge-c55f68.lhr03.no-abs.hls.ttvnw.net. IP tracker identifies this a a Twitch Interactive server (https://www.ip-tracker.org/locator/ip-lookup.php?ip=video-edge-c6809c.lhr03.no-abs.hls.ttvnw.net).
So what the hell is all this data and why is it coming from Twitch?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:65.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/65.0
Look at your add-ons. Could any of them cause this?
If you are not sure: Type about:support in the address bar and press Enter. Under the main banner, press the button; Copy Text To Clipboard.. Now in the Reply Box on the forum page, do a right-click in the box and select Paste.
This will show us your system details. No Personal Information Is Collected.
You may have ad/mal-ware. Further information can be found in this article; https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-caused-malware?cache=no
Run most or all of the listed malware scanners. Each works differently. If one program misses something, another may pick it up.
I noticed today that since early morning Firefox has downloaded over 5 gigs of data. So what the hell is all this data and why is it coming from Twitch?
Maybe you have or had one or more Twitch channels loaded in background tabs and one or more were Live streaming and quality was set at source or 1080p. That can potentially add up to a lot of data usage.
The Edge link is a cloud i believe .
Thank you for the advice. These were the first things I checked. I had no add-ons that could cause this this and had not been on the twitch website for more than a week so it was not a background tab. I also checked for any modified files in the time frame and these where the files in the folder mentioned in the original post.
I had no programs, add-on, tabs or anything similar that could account for this traffic. I have also done a full system scan and found no malware or viruses.
See if you can set your firewall to block access to that site. And to alert you what an attempt is made.
There are tools that you can use to monitor network traffic.