firefox won't launch in Windows 7 after update
Since the last update to Firefox 65, it won't launch on my Windows 7 64 bit. It shows in the running process. I've gone through all the forums and helps. I've checked compatibility, cleared out my allowable programs and re-entered, checked my Windows defender, plus everything else I could find. It would not open in safe mode although I tried something once (no idea what) and it did open briefly to save my bookmarks but then I couldn't get out or back in. I'm at a loss what to do at this point and I really like Firefox. I'm not savvy with computers but I know some and can follow directions. Firefox worked fine until the update and nothing has changed on my computer since that point except downloading Chrome to have a browser.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/72.0.3626.109 Safari/537.36
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/changes-toolbars-and-window-sizes-are-not-saved You may have corrupt xulstore.json or Localstore.rdf files.
Close Firefox. Open your file browser to this hidden location:
- Mac: *~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles
- Linux: *~/.mozilla/firefox/Profiles
- Windows: %AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data
Search for the above files. Then rename or delete them. Restart Firefox.
I don't have either of these files in Firefox profile folder. I do have them for Thunderbird.
Do you have the Firefox icon on your quick launch? Right click on it, and select Open New Window. Sometimes this works. If it opens, close it by Menu > File > Exit.