X
Thinta lapha ukuze uye kuveshini yamakhalekhukhwini kusayithi.

Isithangami Sabeseki

Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.

dictionary add-on and webextension

Kuphostiwe

Hello everybody. I've justed ported my dictionary add-on with the new WebExtension and I'm facing a problem. In the old format (install.rdf) I can specify different name and description for each language, like this:

< em:localized > < Description > < em:locale >en< /em:locale > < em:name >name< /em:name > < em:description >description< /em:description > < /Description > < Description > < em:locale >it< /em:locale > < em:name >nome< /em:name > < em:description >descrizione< /em:description > < /Description > ...

Now (manifest.json) I see there is only one pair of name-discription, like this:

{

  "name": "name",
  "description": "description",

...

The problem is that I didn't find a way to specify the name-description pair for other languages. Trying

{

  "name": "__MSG_extensionName__",
  "description": "__MSG_extensionDescription__",
  "default_locale": "it",

... with the usual locales structure (_locales/{lang}/manifest.json) { "application_title": { "message": "name" }, "application_description": { "message": "description" } }

didn't work because when I upload my extension the AMO complains about non valid tag "default_locale". What am I doing wrong? Thank you

Hello everybody. I've justed ported my dictionary add-on with the new WebExtension and I'm facing a problem. In the old format (install.rdf) I can specify different name and description for each language, like this: < em:localized > < Description > < em:locale >en< /em:locale > < em:name >name< /em:name > < em:description >description< /em:description > < /Description > < Description > < em:locale >it< /em:locale > < em:name >nome< /em:name > < em:description >descrizione< /em:description > < /Description > ... Now (manifest.json) I see there is only one pair of name-discription, like this: { "name": "name", "description": "description", ... The problem is that I didn't find a way to specify the name-description pair for other languages. Trying { "name": "__MSG_extensionName__", "description": "__MSG_extensionDescription__", "default_locale": "it", ... with the usual locales structure (_locales/{lang}/manifest.json) { "application_title": { "message": "name" }, "application_description": { "message": "description" } } didn't work because when I upload my extension the AMO complains about non valid tag "default_locale". What am I doing wrong? Thank you

Okulungisiwe ngu mtrevisan

Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo

Fakela amapulagi

  • Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0

Isisebenziso

  • I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:64.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/64.0

Eminye Imininingwane

philipp
  • Top 25 Contributor
  • Moderator
5324 izisombululo 23509 izimpendulo
Kuphostiwe
hi, https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/Internationalization should contain the specification for webextensions.

Umnikazi wombuzo

I already followed that, and "[...] didn't work because when I upload my extension the AMO complains about non valid tag "default_locale". [...]"

I already followed that, and "[...] didn't work because when I upload my extension '''the AMO complains about non valid tag "default_locale"'''. [...]"

Okulungisiwe ngu mtrevisan

philipp
  • Top 25 Contributor
  • Moderator
5324 izisombululo 23509 izimpendulo
Kuphostiwe

the article talks about a different structure (_locales/{lang}/messages.json - instead of localised manifest.json files)

the article talks about a different structure (_locales/{lang}/messages.json - instead of localised manifest.json files)

Umnikazi wombuzo

no-one? that's too bad...

no-one? that's too bad...
AndRo Marian 2 izisombululo 30 izimpendulo
Kuphostiwe

You put the default_locale in a locale file ? What is the error ?

You put the default_locale in a locale file ? What is the error ?

Okulungisiwe ngu AndRo Marian

Umnikazi wombuzo

The error I got is that of 'non valid tag "default_locale"', as if it couldn't recognize the manifest.json

The error I got is that of 'non valid tag "default_locale"', as if it couldn't recognize the manifest.json

Okulungisiwe ngu mtrevisan

TyDraniu
  • Top 25 Contributor
339 izisombululo 1906 izimpendulo
Kuphostiwe

"default_locale" should be "en" or "it". You have "vec".

"default_locale" should be "en" or "it". You have "vec".

Umnikazi wombuzo

Ok, but my language is not present in the ISO 639-1, so it doesn't have a two-letter code. Only in ISO 639-3 there is. If the AMO does not work with ISO 639-3 that's a serious problem from my point of view, because my language will never work.

Ok, but my language is not present in the ISO 639-1, so it doesn't have a two-letter code. Only in ISO 639-3 there is. If the AMO does not work with ISO 639-3 that's a serious problem from my point of view, because my language will never work.

Umnikazi wombuzo

I've tried putting "default_locale": "it", but without success.

I've tried putting "default_locale": "it", but without success.