Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
Why won't Firefox let me change PDF files from Firefox to Adobe reader?
I have just re-installed everything after a hard drive failure. Restored data files from backup. Firefox then "hijacked" all pdf's. I went to folder options and told Windows to associate pdf's with Adobe reader. I still get the Firefox icon for these files, can't get Adobe icon or thumbnails which would normally be available from Adobe reader. I really like Firefox, but this is pi$$ing me off.
best regards John Kearsley
All Replies (7)
The Refresh feature (called "Reset" in older Firefox versions) can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your bookmarks, history, passwords, cookies, and other essential information.
Note: When you use this feature, you will lose any extensions, toolbar customizations, and some preferences. See the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article for more information.
To Refresh Firefox:
- Open the Troubleshooting Information page using one of these methods:
- Click the menu button , click help and select Troubleshooting Information. A new tab containing your troubleshooting information should open.
- If you're unable to access the Help menu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- At the top right corner of the page, you should see a button that says "Refresh Firefox" ("Reset Firefox" in older Firefox versions). Click on it.
- Firefox will close. After the refresh process is completed, Firefox will show a window with the information that is imported.
- Click Finish and Firefox will reopen.
just tried that, made no difference.
regards John Kearsley
Tried that - selection of reader was successful but even after re-starting the computer there was no change - see attached screenshots for current status.
regards John K.
- Control Panel
- Add/Remove Programs
- Locate Adobe Reader, click Change/Remove
- Select Repair
Done that - no change.
I wonder whether the icon cache might be corrupted and need to be rebuilt. If you don't find another solution, here are some instructions for that: