Mac OS: everytime I type the letter "o" it opens the open file dailog box, how do I fix it
iMac OS 10.13.6, Firefox 62.0 64bit Everytime I type the letter "o" in a text box in the browser, it's default opens the open file dialog box. I've also noticed that it always does this after a capital letter especially, and it does not have to be right after the captitalized letter. It's very annoying. How do I fix it?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 31.0 r0
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:62.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/62.0
The Refresh feature (called "Reset" in older Firefox versions) can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your bookmarks, history, passwords, cookies, and other essential information.
Note: When you use this feature, you will lose any extensions, toolbar customizations, and some preferences. See the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article for more information.
To Refresh Firefox:
- Open the Troubleshooting Information page using one of these methods:
- Click the menu button , click help and select Troubleshooting Information. A new tab containing your troubleshooting information should open.
- If you're unable to access the Help menu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- At the top right corner of the page, you should see a button that says "Refresh Firefox" ("Reset Firefox" in older Firefox versions). Click on it.
- Firefox will close. After the refresh process is completed, Firefox will show a window with the information that is imported.
- Click Finish and Firefox will reopen.
Did this fix the problem? Please report back to us!
It is possible that some of the status keys have the wrong state and Firefox sees them as still pressed.
Try to press all the status keys (Shift, Command, Option) a few times to see if that helps to recover from this. If it doesn't help then close and restart Firefox or reboot the computer.