Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
Firefox ESR will not load anything, not even about: pages since update to ESR 60.2
Last Thursday Firefox ESR was working fine till an update to ESR 60.2 was applied. Now I cannot load any page. Tried uninstalling, reset the winsock, refreshing, turned off Firewall and antivirus. Removed Mozilla from registry as well after uninstalling 3 times. This is happening for all profiles/users on the computer. We have to use the ESR in order to use some functionality of different websites for the business so changing to the another version will not work (although I installed the latest Firefox and it didnt work either). I am at a loss and have tried everything I have read.
All Replies (8)
The Refresh feature (called "Reset" in older Firefox versions) can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your bookmarks, history, passwords, cookies, and other essential information.
Note: When you use this feature, you will lose any extensions, toolbar customizations, and some preferences. See the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article for more information.
To Refresh Firefox:
- Open the Troubleshooting Information page using one of these methods:
- Click the menu button , click help and select Troubleshooting Information. A new tab containing your troubleshooting information should open.
- If you're unable to access the Help menu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- At the top right corner of the page, you should see a button that says "Refresh Firefox" ("Reset Firefox" in older Firefox versions). Click on it.
- Firefox will close. After the refresh process is completed, Firefox will show a window with the information that is imported.
- Click Finish and Firefox will reopen.
Did this fix the problem? Please report back to us!
I have done that (I even said I refreshed). I also said I cannot get to anything including anything with about: (about:support, about:config, etc). Nothing has worked. I even started it in Safe Mode, still nothing.
change your search engine to Google and try again.
Did that, even tried to open a new tab and go to any page, still will not load. I have tried with our proxy and without on all user accounts.
check your antivirus or firewall and make exception for firefox.
Done....it was working last Thursday. I even turned off Antivirus and firewall. Other browsers are working fine.
Did you try a clean reinstall and deleted the Firefox Firefox program?
Are you using an autoconfig file or GPO to setup Firefox?
Like I said, I have done a clean install, removed all instances of Mozilla in Program Files (x86), App Data, Registry and anywhere else I can find it. We do not set this by policy or an autoconfig. Its just download and install, thats all and its been done at least 3 times including installing the current public version of Firefox 62. I am in the IT dept and I have never come across a problem like this. Normally a reinstall would fix it but this is something else. There is no malware or infection on the computer. Its an SSD with plenty of RAM. Just seems to be the update did it last week. (this user was on ESR 52.9 and was auto updated to 60.2).