Firefox autostart - after reinstalling it launches twice at a time...
I had to reinstall firefox, now it launches twice every time I start a computer, I do not have FF on my list if I go to Startup folder nor the Autostart folder. I somehow went around it before to make it autostart, as well as thunderbird and it worked great - untill I reinstalled FF :( please help.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:61.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/61.0
Hi, ya can be a pain. Have you checked the Start Button and the Start-up folder there ?
Also can check Settings --> Apps__>Default Apps and see if Firefox is set to open something there.
Note : Firefox 62.0 release tomorrow. Can do a clean reinstall if so wish : uninstall Firefox. Then Delete the Mozilla Firefox Folders in C:\Program Files , C:\Program Files(x86) & C:\ProgramData Then restart system. Then run Windows Disk Cleanup. (Note: This should be Pinned and run Weekly, If never done below expect 10's of gig's) Then run it again and click the button that says Cleanup System Files. Note: your Firefox Profile is saved. But you should make a back up before you do :
Reinstall with Current Release Firefox 62.0.0 with a Full Version Installer
- https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/all/ Wait till is up.
- Help --> About; to update
- Select Version & language now :
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/62.0/ Please let us know if this solved your issue or if need further assistance.
- /forums/contributors/713113 Pushed out to 10% release users - Firefox starts automatically when I restart Windows | SUMO community discussions
Okulungisiwe ngu cor-el