Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
No longer saving form data
Since the most recent on or about July 5th, 2018, Firefox seems to be unable to remember my Forms data for webpages on my Ubuntu machine.
It can remember them on other computers I am logged into but not this one.
This makes me sad...
I have tried clearing form data and "starting over," but it's no longer asking to save form data when I fill in web forms. I do have all the security preferences set to collect form data.
All Replies (4)
Hi, hope this fixes it :
The Refresh feature (called "Reset" in older Firefox versions) can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your bookmarks, history, passwords, cookies, and other essential information.
Note: When you use this feature, you will lose any extensions, toolbar customizations, and some preferences. See the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article for more information.
To Refresh Firefox:
- Open the Troubleshooting Information page using one of these methods:
- Click the menu button , click help and select Troubleshooting Information. A new tab containing your troubleshooting information should open.
- If you're unable to access the Help menu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- At the top right corner of the page, you should see a button that says "Refresh Firefox" ("Reset Firefox" in older Firefox versions). Click on it.
- Firefox will close. After the refresh process is completed, Firefox will show a window with the information that is imported.
- Click Finish and Firefox will reopen.
Did this fix the problem? Please report back to us!
May be closer to a fix now.
Data for each line of a form is being saved and will appear as a suggestion when I begin to enter data on each line of a form, but that awesome feature where it automatically populates the entire form with saved form data is still not happening.
So - really it's a disabled or non-existent autofill feature I'm missing.
I noticed that when I go to preferences to make sure "autofill forms" is checked, I don't seem to have that feature anymore. Perhaps this is a Linux thing?
Yes, that issue is related to the Ubuntu build of Firefox 61, and from what I have seen mentioned at Reddit it is slated to be fixed.
Also, the Mozilla builds for Linux aren't affected by that fault, from what I have seen posted over the last week of so. https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/