Firefox going into crash-and-respawn loops after proxy installation
After installation of a web proxy/security agent - Cyren Web Security - at our organization, users are getting a misbehaviour of firefox.
Upon opening, the message "Safe Mode is a special mode of Firefox ..." appears and the buttons "Start in Safe Mode" and "Refresh Firefox" appears.
Choosing any of the above options results in the following: Firefox opens. Disappears momentarily after a few seconds. Re-opens, saying all the tabs have crashed. Disappears again momentarily after a few seconds. Re-opens, saying all the tabs have crashed. Goes on in a loop
Trying to kill the process from Task Manager. Firefox appears again, new process respawns and goes in the loop above. Operation (Task kill) must either be repeated a number of times (approx 10) or workstation restart so that firefox goes off.
We have sadly had to resort to Google Chrome in the meantime the issue is under investigation. Affected versions vary from 52 to 60.01 (latest)
I have tried to deploy Firefox ESR 52.8.0 to resolve the matter. This resolved the matter for some users. For others, issue persists on Firefox ESR as well.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.20
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Citrix Receiver Plugin (Win32)
- Citrix URL-Redirection Helper Plugin
- Google Update
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
Browser issue resulting from a installed software isn't the Browser problem here. You should check with their Cyren Web Security software team to find out what is happening. As this doesn't seem to as a result of FF itself since you mentioned the problem started after the software install.