I shut down my computer and when I reloded, I had no bookmarks
I have no bookmark tool bar, I have no bookmarks of any kind after I rebooted my computer. Please help!
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 18.011.20040
- Creative Cloud Desktop Plugin.v_3_0_0_0
- Coupons Inc., Coupon Printer
- Provides information about the default web browser
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 29.0 r0
- Web based SlingPlayer for streaming from Slingbox
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.11; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0
HI, please look on the Desktop for a Folder called OldFirefoxProfile. If it is there great. We can help. Please look here if not for a 2nd Profile in the Profiles folder :
Let us know what you find please.
The System Details list shows an outdated Firefox 49.0 version. Mac OS X 10.11 should support the current Firefox release (60.0.1).
Any specific reason you use this specific version?
Make sure toolbars like the "Bookmarks Toolbar" are visible. Open the Customize window and set what toolbars (Show/Hide Toolbars) and toolbar items to
- check that "Bookmarks Toolbar Items" is on the Bookmarks Toolbar
- if "Bookmarks Toolbar Items" is not on the Bookmarks Toolbar then drag it back from the Customize palette to the Customize window to the Bookmarks Toolbar
- if missing items are in the Customize palette then drag them back from the Customize window to the toolbar
- if you do not see an item on a toolbar and in the Customize palette then click the Restore Defaults button in the Customize palette window to restore the default toolbar set.
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database (bookmarks and history) in the Firefox profile folder.
- use "Verify Integrity" on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page
If "Verify Integrity" on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page cannot repair places.sqlite then remove all places.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder. Firefox will rebuild places.sqlite and restore the bookmarks from a recent JSON backup in the bookmarkbackups folder.
- keep a backup copy of places.sqlite in case a new places.sqlite database has to be created