How to retrieve my browsing history & bookmarks after Firefox auto-updated?
Was trying to access Firefox as usual when it implies its auto-updating. And to my horror, my old browsing sessions, history & even bookmarks were totally deleted by the system after the updating. Is there any way to retrieve them?!
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 29.0 r0
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
Look on your desktop. Do you see a folder called; Old Firefox?
Hi Thank you for responding...On top of that how can I retrieve my history before the auto-update?
Hi, Please answer the question from Fred : is there a OldFirefoxProfile folder on your Desktop ? If there is : you can transfer files from a previously used profile to the new profile, but be cautious not to copy corrupted files to avoid carrying over the problem. Never work with original files.
If it s not please look here for a 2nd Profile with a older date :
Locations of everything in the Profile Folder :
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (passwords) and key4.db (58+) or key3.db (57 and older) (decryption key) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
- if you only have key3.db then make sure to remove an existing key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) or cert8.db (57 and older) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
- if you only have cert8.db then make sure to remove an existing cert9.db
- persdict.dat for words you added to the spelling checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)
If is in neither place it is gone for good. Fyi for the future :
Please let us know if this solved your issue or if need further assistance.