Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
Extremely high RAM usage
I have an Alienware 15R3 with 16GB of RAM + Windows 10 ( with lastest updates). Since the last Firefox update to version 59.0.3, every time I play a video from Youtube or any other video platforms, it consumes up to 6.5GB of RAM, no matter if video is 4K, 1080p or 144p. Also, fullscreen mode is unaccesable and trying to close the tab takes to long. In case you wonder, this occurs with only one tab open, the one used to play the video, no more programs, no more tabs or downloads, nor extensions added neither.
I've test the same videos and platforms in Edge without problems and no high ram usage (~800MB). ¿Is there a solution for this?
All Replies (1)
Please do the following:
- Update to Firefox 60 (Update Firefox to the latest release)
- Disable Accessibility Services in Firefox (How do I disable Firefox Accessibility Service?)
- Ensure your graphics drivers are up to date: Upgrade your graphics drivers to use hardware acceleration and WebGL
- I'd suggest ensuring that Windows is updated, you should be running build 1803 with all security updates
- Are you running any security software? I'd suggest removing all of it, and just use Windows Defender with occasional malwarebytes scans