Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
I recently tried to fix a slow problem, it created a link on my desktop with all my files, but now I can't them to reload onto my Firefox startup page?
When I tried to fix a slow problem with Firefox, it created a link on my desktop with all my files/bookmarks and now I can't get them back onto my start page?
All Replies (5)
Hi, A link or a folder ? If is a Folder is it named OldFirefoxProfile if it is a link where does it go please. What were the directions that you did to fix a slow problem ? Or what did you do ?
You need to provide detail and expand on things. A sentence is not good enough for us to understand your issue.
Hi, first, I am pretty dumb when it comes to computers and programs! So, I can't really tell you what I did except that I was have issues with my PC and on the Firefox page (?) a little icon popped up to improve speed, so I clicked on it and did what it said (I can't remember the steps) and then Firefox was gone and an Icon appeared on my Desktop entitled "Old Firefox Data) and when I click on it, it gives me a list of folders and documents. I was able to get the Firefox browser back, but now I have lost all of my bookmarks that I use everyday. I can recreate them, but it would be easier if I could just get them back! :) Thanks.........
Ok, always may backups, it's a computer :
Never work with Original Files, always copies.
Please let us know if this solved your issue or if need further assistance.
You can copy files like these with Firefox closed from the "Old Firefox Data" folder on the desktop to the current profile folder to recover specific data. Note that you should be cautious with copying SQLite database files if you previously had problems.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (passwords) and key4.db (58+) or key3.db (57 and older) (decryption key) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
if you only have key3.db then make sure to remove an existing key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) or cert8.db (57 and older) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
if you only have cert8.db then make sure to remove an existing cert9.db
- persdict.dat for words you added to the spelling checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)
You can use the button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page.
- Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Directory:
Windows: Show Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
extremely bad problem for me too, a single browse that create multiple instances, with average 250K CPU usages, far worse than MS explorer and Chrome combined, who will use it! Please get on your act fix it. Slow brower never sell, basic!