X
Thinta lapha ukuze uye kuveshini yamakhalekhukhwini kusayithi.

Isithangami Sabeseki

Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.

Firefox Dev can’t establish a connection to local server

Kuphostiwe

I'm a web developer that setup a local environment under Linux Mint.

For some reason, Firefox Developer Edition (59.0b7 64-bit) cannot access sites on my localhost. The interesting thing is that Firefox Quantum 58.0.1 (64-bit) is showing these local sites perfectly fine. I've tested other browsers, including Konqueror and Lynx, and these work fine also.

I've setup my environment so that apache2 can serve pages from a 'wildcard' virtual host. Using symlinks, I can link my project files to another directory that functions as the web root. Thus:

/home/me/business/projects/client/index.html => /home/me/business/www/client/index.html

Navigating to http://client.dev brings up the page perfectly in Firefox 58, Konqueror, and Lynx.

However, Firefox Developer Edition, AND Google Chrome, both fail to load the page. The URL changes from http://client.dev to https://client.dev and throws this message:

"Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at client.dev."

I've played around with the about:config settings for Network.dns.* but nothing seems to help. Also, the apache logs do not produce anything useful.

Your input will be greatly appreciated.

I'm a web developer that setup a local environment under Linux Mint. For some reason, Firefox Developer Edition (59.0b7 64-bit) cannot access sites on my localhost. The interesting thing is that Firefox Quantum 58.0.1 (64-bit) is showing these local sites perfectly fine. I've tested other browsers, including Konqueror and Lynx, and these work fine also. I've setup my environment so that apache2 can serve pages from a 'wildcard' virtual host. Using symlinks, I can link my project files to another directory that functions as the web root. Thus: /home/me/business/projects/client/index.html => /home/me/business/www/client/index.html Navigating to http://client.dev brings up the page perfectly in Firefox 58, Konqueror, and Lynx. However, Firefox Developer Edition, AND Google Chrome, both fail to load the page. The URL changes from http://client.dev to https://client.dev and throws this message: "Unable to connect Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at client.dev." I've played around with the about:config settings for Network.dns.* but nothing seems to help. Also, the apache logs do not produce anything useful. Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Isisombululo esikhethiwe

Here's a solution to disable HSTS:

1) about:config

2) Right-click: New Integer

3) Name: test.currentTimeOffsetSeconds

4) Value: 11491200

5) Clear all history, all time

Disable HSTS

Funda le mpendulo ngokuhambisana nalesi sihloko 4

Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo

Fakela amapulagi

  • Shockwave Flash 26.0 r0
  • Shockwave Flash 28.0 r0

Isisebenziso

  • I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0

Eminye Imininingwane

©TriMoon™ 0 izisombululo 9 izimpendulo
Kuphostiwe

Impendulo Ewusizo

Could it have to do with HSTS ?

Could it have to do with [https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Glossary/HSTS HSTS] ?
cor-el
  • Top 10 Contributor
  • Moderator
17482 izisombululo 158025 izimpendulo
Kuphostiwe

See:

  • /questions/1204477 Localhost: This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox Developer Edition may only connect to it securely. As a result, it is no
See: *[/questions/1204477] Localhost: This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox Developer Edition may only connect to it securely. As a result, it is no *[https://medium.engineering/use-a-dev-domain-not-anymore-95219778e6fd]

Okulungisiwe ngu cor-el

Umnikazi wombuzo

Bingo!

Downloading Firefox 59.0b1 worked, and I was able to see my localhost sites. However, the automatic update to 0b9 screwed things all over again.

Thank you TriMoon and Cor-el.

Bingo! Downloading Firefox 59.0b1 worked, and I was able to see my localhost sites. However, the automatic update to 0b9 screwed things all over again. Thank you TriMoon and Cor-el.

Isisombululo Esikhethiwe

Here's a solution to disable HSTS:

1) about:config

2) Right-click: New Integer

3) Name: test.currentTimeOffsetSeconds

4) Value: 11491200

5) Clear all history, all time

Disable HSTS

Here's a solution to disable HSTS: 1) about:config 2) Right-click: New Integer 3) Name: '''test.currentTimeOffsetSeconds''' 4) Value: '''11491200''' 5) Clear all history, all time [https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/942924 Disable HSTS]